I love the changing of the seasons, although in Sydney at the moment you wouldn’t know it as we are experiencing a heat wave at the very end of summer. But the stores have started releasing their Autumn ranges and there’s some lovely pieces out there. I thought for today’s post I’d put together a list of a few transeasonal type essentials going into Autumn. This post is by no means exhaustive!!! I’m saving jeans for another time as they deserve their own post :). Here are a few of the items I’m coveting that are good transitional pieces to cooler weather. I spend most of my time with an energetic four year old boy usually in the outdoors so you will mainly find me in comfortable easy to get around in clothes.
- Lightweight Chinos – I’m really into Maison Scotch currently. They do lots of classic pieces, often with a little twist to the fabric so it’s not all same same as you find in a lot of the high street stores. If you’re a neutrals girl like me you can also find good basics here as it’s not all prints. Their chinos are comfortable and flattering. This season I’m going for stone (very pale grey) and navy.
- Lightweight Long sleeve Ts – perfect for in between weather. I’ve chosen again Maison Scotch (they use beautiful soft light fabric) and this one from Seed which I’m also wearing in the main picture. It has a lovely lightweight feel with on trend ruffles. It’s very sweet and of course – stripes – which I think suit everyone.
- Lace up flats – I’ve been seeing these all over Instagrams from the Northern Hemisphere for a while now. I grabbed a nude pair from Witchery in the Christmas sales when it was high summer and too hot to be thinking about closed toe shoes. Stoked! I think we will see a lot more of these shoes around. The Witchery ones I got have sold out but I found these two pairs online at Country Road and my favourite shoe store Zomp.
- A hat – great to protect your skin and keep your head warm. Hats can really make an outfit. I love this felt fedora from Country Road. Sarah Jane Curtis also does beautiful hats, if you want to spend a bit more.
- A lightweight scarf. Scarves are perfect layering pieces. I wear them pretty much year round. In addition to a hat a scarf can also add a little something extra to your outfit. I love this one I just bought from Seed. Mimco also have a nice range of scarves.
- A long denim skirt – I love this one from Tuchuzy in Bondi for something a bit different. Combines a wrap skirt – also a big trend at the moment – with the 70s vibe which is still going strong. Current Elliot always have beautiful soft denim and this skirt is a nice contrasting colour to the Tuchuzy one if you prefer your denim a little darker. These look to be flattering and comfortable.
Until next time